NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CHANCE OF WINNING DEPENDS ON TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE VOTES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. Eligibility: Compete Your Cause (the “Contest”) is open only to student organizations (each, an “Entrant”) located at a campus served by an Aspen Heights community (each, a “Market”). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Aspen Heights in Africa, Inc. (d/b/a: Aspen Heights Awake), 1301 S. Capital of Texas Highway, #B-201, Austin TX 78746.
3. Timing: The Contest has two portions: the “Local Contest” and the “National Contest.” The Local Contest begins on February 19, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. (local time) and ends on February 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (local time). The National Contest begins February 26, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. (local time) and ends on March 2, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (local time) (each, the respective "Contest Period"). Sponsor’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, a representative of the Entrant must visit www.ahawake.org/competeyourcause, complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address (the registration, an “Entry”). Upon Entry, Entrants must identify a philanthropic cause (the “Cause”) which will receive the Prize on behalf of the Entrant. The Cause must be an organization serving an appropriate philanthropic cause, as determined at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and the organization must be a legal entity and able to provide a W-9.
Limit: Each Entrant may enter one (1) time during the Contest Period. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entry and that Entrant may be disqualified. Student organizations with multiple branches/divisions may submit an Entry under a sufficiently distinct name (for example, Student Organization Name – Mufreesboro) in each Market with such a branch/division, and each will be deemed a separate Entrant for all purposes herein. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be used to determine the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. The Contest: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Entrants will be categorized by their organization size. Entrants with one hundred or more total members will be deemed a “Large Organization” and Entrants with less than one hundred total members will be deemed a “Small Organization”. Voting: voting will take place on each Market’s respective Aspen Heights website using an online voting tool that will allow one voter per category per person (each, a “Vote”). Winning: after the Contest Period has ended, Sponsor will tally the total number of Votes received by each Entrant. In each Market, the Small Organization and the Large Organization with the largest total number of Votes each will be deemed a winner of a Local Prize, subject to the terms herein. Each Market winner, will then be entered into the National Prize pool. The Small Organization and the Large Organization with the largest total number of Votes nationally (across all Markets) each will be deemed a winner of a National Prize (in addition to their Local Prize), subject to terms herein.
6. All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the VOTE SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, AND the potential winner have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. any ENTRY OR VOTE that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective ENTRY OR VOTE, is void and will not be honored.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Contest winners will be notified by mail, email or phone at Sponsor’s sole election. A representative of each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by determining the next highest vote-getter of all remaining eligible Entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
8. Prizes: Forty six (46) total potential prizes.
Local Prizes: Two (2) potential prizes awarded per Market, for a total of forty four (44): in each Market, (i) $1,000 to the winning Large Organization and (ii) $1,000 to the winning Small Organization. The odds of winning a Local Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received for each Market during the Contest Period. If no Large Organization or no Small Organization wins a Local Prize, that such Local Prize will not be awarded.
National Prizes: Two (2) potential prizes awarded nationally: (iii) $2,000 to the winning Large Organization and (iv) $2,000 to the winning Small Organization. The odds of winning a National Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Each winner of a National Prize will receive both the respective Local Prize and the National Prize, subject to the terms herein.
For All Prizes: All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all state and federal income taxes and all other fees and surcharges of whatever kind applicable to his or her prize receipt and/or use. In the event of a tie in number of Votes, Sponsor will determine the potential winner by use of a random number generator.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/Contest agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Entrant’s name, logo, and general information for Contestal purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Further, Entrant represents it has received authorization from the Cause to use its logo for marketing/advertisement purposes, and hereby gives Sponsor the same such authority.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random or by then-highest-vote from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Contest Entry, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Travis County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, please request in writing from Sponsor at the address listed in Section 2. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.